CHÂTEAU DE SEPT-SAULX, UN CHÂTEAU EN CHAMPAGNE-ARDENNE
L'histoire du Château
Une histoire de famille
Commandité en 1928 et achevé en 1930, le château de Sept-Saulx fut la propriété d’Edouard Mignot, un grand industriel champenois. Louis Sue - premier prix de Rome - en fut l’architecte, Richard Desvallieres, le maître ferronnier et Jean Claude Nicolas Forestier - créateur des jardins de Bagatelle - se chargea des jardins à la française. Aujourd’hui, ce château appartient toujours aux héritiers d’Edouard Mignot et, est désormais accessible au grand public afin d’organiser des événements inoubliables.
Jean Claude Nicolas Forestier
1928 - 1930
The Château de Sept-Saulx was built by the architect Louis Süe at the end of the 1920s, at the request of Edouard Mignot, founder of the Comptoirs Français and owner of Heidsieck Monopole champagne.
Richard Desvallières executed the ironwork and the French gardens were designed by Jean Claude Forestier, who had already created the rose garden at Bagatelle.
The castle and its park are listed as historical monuments of France.
The castle was recognised as an exceptional 20th century monument in 2011. It was at this time that Marie-Sybille de Villaines Mignot had a chapel built to complete the work of her father-in-law. The Oratory is placed in front of the castle, in a predestined space located at the end of the pedestrian path that the guests of Edouard Mignot once took, arriving by the railway line.